4.29.2007

Lazy Sunday

I finished the Honeymoon Cami last night ... it is drying at the moment. So far it looks like the blocking will even out the stitches somewhat, but I'm still not sure if it's a keeper. The v-neck is too plunging for me, which is certainly saying something; if you can see my entire chest tattoo and then some space underneath, the v is too deep! I'll stitch it up by a few rows if I keep it. I didn't weave in the ends yet, since that would make it hard to frog; there are a million ends, because every skein seemed to have half a dozen knots in it.

Today I've been working on my fourth Mason-Dixon warshrag. Of the three I've made, one went to my PRGE pal and one is at my office (so I can dry my tea infuser and coffee thermos). That means I only have one at home, which is definitely not sufficient for my knitted-dishrag needs. This one is a weird white-pink-purple variegated yarn, and I'm using the hexagonal pattern. I need to knock off the cotton for a while, my index fingers are starting to peel. Ew.

Next up will be some more stash-busting ... maybe my long-delayed Broadripple socks, maybe the cell phone cozy I promised my friend (but that's a teeny project). I'm taking two trips in late May/early June, so I will need a good project for airplane knitting. Various items from Fitted Knits are calling to me.

I'm also scouting out some good baby projects for my various knocked-up friends. Both of them are due late fall, so cool-weather items will be good. I will be asking all you mamas out there for suggestions. ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

one can never have too many wash/dishcloths! i have a bag full of cotton calling my name as i type this. the original idea was to make a bunch as gifts. give them away with soap and stuff, but so far i've kept them all for myself!

MsFortuknit said...

Sweet! Do you have photos of this?