10.13.2007

Good News!

I do not have lupus! My lab work came back normal except for a low white blood cell count, which sort of left me scratching my head. Anyway, if I get the butterfly rash again, I will get re-tested by a different doctor; other than that, I'm done with the lupus saga.

I made it to the bottom ribbing on my cardigan. I think I have about 30 rows left of ribbing, then the bottom detail. It's not nearly as fitted as the other items I've made from Fitted Knits, but I knew that going in -- I knit the 34" size as written without sizing it down. This was probably the best choice, as something very clingy in bulky yarn wouldn't have been so flattering. :-) I am going to see how it works to lengthen the sleeves, but may end up abandoning that plan.

Today is the grand opening of the Knitting Nest. It's actually been open for a few weeks, but the party is today. I am going to drop by and get a skein of fingering weight. I've had a skein of beautiful pink alpaca from Shannon in my stash, waiting for a special project. And after months of seeing them and going "meh," I've suddenly realized that I need to make Eunny Jang's Endpaper Mitts. I've done colorwork in swatches but never a full pattern. I also don't knit in such a tiny gauge very often, so it will be a good exercise.

1 comment:

sunneshine said...

Congrats on your test results -is that the right way to phrase it? I am sure that its a huge relief!

Can't wait to see your endpaper knits - the are in the queue....