6.11.2007

Long Time, No Post!

I have been busy, busy, busy since we got home from Vegas last week. We did make it to Wooly Wonders while we were there, which was a bit disappointing compared to my LYS; they did, however, have roving! I bought undyed merino top, royal purple merino top, and 1 oz. of undyed merino silk noil. (I'm not totally sure what silk noil is. But it's so soft!)

Day Job has been keeping me hopping; I got a promotion, and there are two new hires, so there's quite a bit for me to do!

On Friday, I got to attend the sentencing of the girl who robbed me in January. She got five years prison, and then will be on probation for ten years after that. I'm highly satisfied with the resolution.

Last night I finally got to the part in the turtleneck tube vest where I could try it on ... and it's so unflattering, I don't think I can keep going. Not sure what happened there; it's looked good on everyone else I've seen. So I'm going back to the u-neck vest I'd started; I didn't work on it in Vegas because I made an error decreasing and need to rip it back. (That required too much thought for vacation knitting.)

2 comments:

Valerie said...

I am sorry to hear about the fact you were robbed. However, it's nice to see that justice still occurs every now and again.

Shannon H. said...

Hooray for the promotion! Kind of a bummer that it's kept you so busy, but busy is good! Hope you've had some time to play with your fibers!

Glad justice has been served (now if only they'd let my husband know when his perp's trial is, he'd be set...).