2.11.2007

Branching Out is Complete!



Pattern: Branching Out
Source: Knitty.com Spring 2005
Yarn: Patons SWS, 2 balls Natural Plum
Stats: 6" by 52"

The first shot is pre-blocking, the second is a closeup of the stitches after I pinned the whole thing down. I'm hoping it's dry by tomorrow morning so I can wear it to work.

Lesson learned: lifelines. No, really. Lifelines.

This afternoon I hopped over to Hill Country Weavers, and discovered that they don't carry Brown Sheep Naturespun, which I wanted for the cowl in Loop-d-Loop. Hm. It's used double-stranded in the pattern, so I grabbed a skein of Lamb's Pride Bulky instead. I've gone some remnants of LPB left over from other projects, so I'll use that to see if the gauge works out. If not, I'll return it and get something worsted to double-up.

I also got a ball of purple Rowan Felted Tweed for my own pair of Knucks. :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ooooh, very pretty. I love the Natural Plum color. I almost bought the plum to make my Irish Hiking Scarf with. Instead I bought Natural Earth. SWS is great stuff.