2.01.2007

Blah

I am experiencing knitting ennui. I decided to make some armwarmers for a friend who has been very strongly hinting about how much she needs a pair. I’ve started about six times … using Voodoo, Fetching, various ribbings, and I just can’t get into it. I didn’t tell my friend that I’d be making them, but I still feel obligated to do it. Bleh. I want her to have handknit armwarmers, I really do. But I just don’t feel like doing it. Hopefully they won’t take too long. I’m doing a show in Houston tomorrow and a show in Austin on Saturday (I wasn’t kidding in my profile when I said I’m a Satanic go-go dancer), so I won’t have a lot of time to knit this weekend.

Apart from the armwarmers, I’m not sure what to do next. I have yarn, I have patterns, I have needles. I want to knit! But nothing is appealing to me. Anyone else found themselves in a project slump?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You sound a lot like me, lately. I am bored with the knitting. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE knitting. It's the patterns. So many out there are just the same thing over and over, with different yarns, textures, etc. It takes a special pattern to get my knitting juices going.

I hope you find some inspiration soon. Have a great "go-go" weekend.