11.02.2007

Progress

Last night I finished the body of my short-sleeved cardigan. It is longer than I expected it to be, but I'm not surprised. I'm going to do the button bands before the sleeves; hopefully I will have enough yarn to lengthen them. If not, it isn't the end of the world, but it would be nice.

Today I went out to my mom's house to get her sewing machine ... I've always sort of wanted to learn how to sew, but was never motivated enough to learn. Obviously my mom won't be using the machine for awhile, so she said I could borrow it. So far I haven't done much except a few test lines on scraps to make sure the machine works. I am really, really bad at sewing thus far. :-) Then again, I was really, really bad at knitting four years ago, and it didn't take long for me to get better.

No comments: