6.30.2007

Increases ... Bleh

Thank you, everyone, for your kind words on Monday. Today is really the first time all week I've been able to sit down for a break ... we had a lot going on at the Day Job, and last night I went to Houston for a show.

I haven't done a lot of work on the Turtleneck Tube Vest; the shorter neck ribbing seems like it will make it flattering on me, after all. My problem is the increases. I was using M1 instead of the RLI/LLI in the pattern, and it looks all wonky on the right-hand side. Bah. I think I am going to rip back to the neck and start over with the bar increase -- which I never used until the Two-Tone Ribbed Shrug, but I am sort of digging now.

The other night I bought Knitting Lingerie Style ... wowza. So many things I want to make!! I'm thinking that after the TTV, I will take a break from Fitted Knits and start something from this book.

On a completely unrelated note, does anyone out there cold-brew coffee? I read an article about it in the NY Times and am intrigued. I think I will get some going overnight and see how it is tomorrow.

1 comment:

Mouse said...

I read the same coldbrew coffee article and it got my wheels turning as well. When I make my iced coffee I put regular hot brew into a container and stick it in the fridge until it gets chilled because it seems to not be as acidic that way. I'm really interested in making some cold brew to see how it compares. I love me some iced caramel coffee (like a caramel macchiato from St*rb*cks)