5.16.2007

Meme

Tonight I had my third chest tattoo session. In addition to the lotus, I have a goldfish on one side (from two weeks ago) and a koi on the other (from tonight), with cherry blossoms to balance it. There will be pictures in the next day or so ... for the record, the absolute worst part was a couple of teeny little smoke wisps right around the kanji that look less than two minutes. Ouch. The whole thing is effectively finished, although I may go back and have blue shading added to the water.

And now, a meme!

Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write in their blogs 7 facts, as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and to read your blog. Here are my facts:

1) I was a philosophy major in college. My concentration was axiology (ethical/value philosophy) and existentialism.

2) Cocaine Blues is my favorite Johnny Cash song. Heroin is my favorite Velvet Underground song.

3) I can’t stand eggs. They gross me out to the point that I can barely be at the same table as someone who is eating them. I use a vegan egg substitute when I bake.

4) I modeled rubberwear for my friend’s design line. At one fashion show, the Rubbergirls were superheroes who saved the audience from zombies. In another, we were living dolls fighting over a godlike rock star. I got to wear a rubber bunny hood for that one.

5) A full-page shot of my behind (in fishnets and hot pants, not bare) was featured in a Canadian pothead magazine. I am not sure what that says about Canadian potheads.

6) I've been on TV in America, Japan, and the UK. Our Vegas elopement was on MTV True Life.

7) I feel bad to tag people in memes, in case they don't want to play! This probably means I am too sensitive.

Shannon H., Kitty, bumbershootska, Gypsy Junk, Pam, Jessica/geeyouknit, and msfortunknit!

5 comments:

Shadkitty said...

You really don't like eggs? That is funny. I don't like to order eggs when I'm out, they usually are disgusting.

It's not that I don't want to play, just that I did yesterday. And coming up with 7 random facts about myself that people didn't already know...well that's hard to do cuz I talk a lot. lol

Anonymous said...

i'm definitely planning on getting tattooed one of these days, but a chest piece is definitely not on the list for me. i just can't think of anything i want plastered across my chest, at this point. but i do think they are gorgeous.

now i have to try to think of some random stuff. i always feel really random/weird, until i actually have to think of the stuff that makes me that way!

Shannon H. said...

I worked with a guy who's wife was a vegetarian, and wouldn't eat eggs (she hated them, like you, and he had to prepare them for her)...Until she got pregnant, then she had to have them for every meal...

Oy. I was trying to figure out random stuff that people don't know about me.

Bumbershootska said...

Random? My entire blog is filled with random stuff
:)

Anonymous said...

YES! someone else who is as grossed out by eggs as me. just thinking about them makes me feel a little queasy.