5.25.2007

Coquette Lace Tube Top

I actually finished this last week, but haven't had the opportunity to get photos. So it took a week of knitting, minus a day or so. I was right to worry about my yardage -- I wouldn't have had enough to complete the pattern as written. By removing one lace repeat in the pattern, I was able to finish it with the yarn I had (but just barely).

In additon to that change, I also added waist shaping and crocheted wee straps. I'd recommend both those alterations to anyone who is particularly small through the torso. I think it would have been sadly baggy around my waist if I hadn't. There are many FO photos out there of people wearing the finished top over a t-shirt, so I wanted to add one with just the top, so people can see that it's not scandalous that way. ;-)

This yarn is totally soft and silky, but it also pills. I'm wondering how well it will wear in the long run.

Pattern: Coquette Lace Tube Top
Source: Fitted Knits by Stefanie Japel
Yarn: Classic Elite Premier, three skeins
Size: smallest

7 comments:

Shannon H. said...

I love it!!! I think you did right by cutting out the last repeat.

BTW, the Husband loves the ink (and so do I).

Unknown said...

Oh, very pretty. It looks great on you and I love the pink color.

sunneshine said...

I really love the top and the color, but really I love the way it showcases your new tat!! It could not be more perfect!!

Mouse said...

hot.. hot.. hot! I really can't wait to buy that book.. I've loved everything from it so far!

Shadkitty said...

Too cute! I love it!

MsFortuknit said...

Great taste dolly! Im glad that your back up and about youve got a good eye! I love that book its on my list! Cheers!

MsFortuknit said...

PS I love your coy's are they new?